Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/1stchoicehealthquote.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/obamacare/page.php on line 46
Estaba harto de tratar con las compañías de seguros por teléfono. Decidí que era tiempo para reunirme con alguien en persona . Nos encontramos con Joe Martin. Pasó 25 minutos y nos ayudo a escoger el plan de seguro perfecto para nosotros. Yo recomendaría a Joe Martin y 1st Choice para cualquiera que quiere hablar con una persona real. Fue una experiencia tan fácil. Después de la reunión , los llamamos con preguntas y fueron rápidos para ayudarnos. no podría haber pedido mejor servicio. Gracias.
Taxes in Person
Did you know, 1st Choice Hialeah Obamacare Tax Center and The 1st Choice North Miami Beach Obamacare Tax Center offer you discounted tax services when you enroll in Obamacare through them?
It’s never too early to begin the process of getting your documents ready to prepare your income tax return. Go through the following checklist. Not every category will apply to you, so just pick those that do, and make sure you have the most amount of information available. Meanwhile schedule an appointment with a 1st Choice Tax Agent in our Hialeah Obamacare Tax Center or our North Miami Beach Obamacare Tax Center. You’ll be surprised at how much time you’ll save by organizing your information beforehand.
Before you start tax preparation:
- Download and print a checklist as a PDF
- Place the checklist in a file folder, or attach it to the outside of the folder.
- As you receive or locate tax documents, place them in the folder and check them off the list.
- Scratch off anything on the list that doesn’t apply to your tax situation (it’s organized with the most common items on the first page).
- Enter information and amounts that are not already available on other documents, such as your bank routing number for direct deposit.
If you use a program such as Quicken® to keep track of your finances, print a report of your transactions for the tax year (e.g. 2016). This will make your tax preparation much easier, and helps you clearly see where your money goes each year. Having this information in a report is much easier than going through your checks and bank statements for the entire year. As you review the report, highlight information you will need to prepare your tax return or make notes to remind yourself of something later.
Don’t have Adobe Acrobat Reader? Download it here. Or, print this page and use the checklist below.
The IRS needs to know exactly who’s filing and who is covered in your tax return. To do this, you will need Social Security numbers and dates of birth for you, your spouse, and your dependents:
Information about your income:
- Income from jobs: forms W-2 for you and your spouse
- Investment income – various forms 1099 (-INT, -DIV, -B, etc.), K-1s, stock option information
- Income from state and local income tax refunds and/or unemployment: forms 1099-G
- Alimony received
- Business or farming income – profit/loss statement, capital equipment information
- If you use your home for business – home size, office size, home expenses, office expenses.
- IRA/pension distributions – forms 1099-R, 8606
- Rental property income/expense – profit/Loss statement, rental property suspended loss information
- Social Security benefits – forms SSA-1099
- Income from sales of property – original cost and cost of improvements, escrow closing statement, cancelled debt information (form 1099-C)
- Prior year installment sale information – forms 6252, principal and Interest collected during the year, SSN and address of payer
- Other miscellaneous income – jury duty, gambling winnings, Medical Savings Account (MSA), scholarships, etc.
Adjustments to your income:
The following can help reduce the amount of your income that is taxed, which can increase your tax refund, lower the amount you owe and help you attain a larger health insurance subsidy.
- IRA contributions
- Energy credits
- Student loan interest
- Medical Savings Account (MSA) contributions
- Moving expenses
- Self-employed health insurance payments
- Keogh, SEP, SIMPLE and other self-employed pension plans
- Alimony paid
- Educator expenses
Itemized tax deductions and credits:
The government offers a number of deductions and credits to help lower the tax burden on individuals, which means more money in your pocket. You’ll need the following documentation to make sure you get all the deductions and credits you deserve.
- Advance Child Tax Credit payment
- Child care costs – provider’s name, address, tax id, and amount paid
- Education costs – forms 1098-T, education expenses
- Adoption costs – SSN of child, legal, medical, and transportation costs
- Home mortgage interest and points you paid – Forms 1098
- Investment interest expense
- Charitable donations – cash amounts and value of donated property, miles driven, and out-of-pocket expenses
- Casualty and theft losses – amount of damage, insurance reimbursements
- Other miscellaneous tax deductions – union dues, unreimbursed employee expenses (uniforms, supplies, seminars, continuing education, publications, travel, etc.)
- Medical and dental expenses
Taxes you’ve paid:
Properly documenting the taxes you’ve already paid can keep you from overpaying.
- State and local income taxes paid
- Real estate taxes paid
- Personal property taxes – vehicle license fee based on value
- Estimated tax payment made during the year, prior year refund applied to current year, and any amount paid with an extension to file.
- Direct deposit information – routing and account numbers
- Foreign bank account information – location, name of bank, account number, peak value of account during the year
We hope this was helpful and don’t forget your Social Security card and Government issued ID such as a Driver’s License.
Hialeah Obamacare Tax Center and North Miami Beach Tax Center for plan year 2017
and Copy Rights by Hialeah Obamacare Tax Center and North Miami Beach Tax Center 2017
Get A Quote
Find An Agent
Our agents put your needs first.
We'll help you choose the right
protection that fits your lifestyle.