inner left

Ratings

Increíble atención!
Estaba harto de tratar con las compañías de seguros por teléfono. Decidí que era tiempo para reunirme con alguien en persona . Nos encontramos con Joe Martin. Pasó 25 minutos y nos ayudo a escoger el plan de seguro perfecto para nosotros. Yo recomendaría a Joe Martin y 1st Choice para cualquiera que quiere hablar con una persona real. Fue una experiencia tan fácil. Después de la reunión , los llamamos con preguntas y fueron rápidos para ayudarnos. no podría haber pedido mejor servicio. Gracias.

 
Raul Pumar
5.0
2016-05-17T10:07:20+00:00
Increíble atención! Estaba harto de tratar con las compañías de seguros por teléfono. Decidí que era tiempo para reunirme con alguien en persona . Nos encontramos con Joe Martin. Pasó 25 minutos y nos ayudo a escoger el plan de seguro perfecto para nosotros. Yo recomendaría a Joe Martin y 1st Choice para cualquiera que … Continue reading "Raul Pumar"
I was very impressed with Brittany's knowledge, and everyone was very pleasant, very professional and very thorough. Amazing follow ups and excellent customer service after I signed up for insurance. Which no one does anymore. They took care of my issues with Obamacare. Highly recommend. Thank you Brittany.

Eli Pons

 
Elizabeth Pons
5.0
2016-05-17T10:08:26+00:00
I was very impressed with Brittany’s knowledge, and everyone was very pleasant, very professional and very thorough. Amazing follow ups and excellent customer service after I signed up for insurance. Which no one does anymore. They took care of my issues with Obamacare. Highly recommend. Thank you Brittany. Eli Pons  
Dear Joe,I wanted to express the excellent experience it was to do my Obamacare Health Policy at your office, 1st Choice Health Quote.Your very professional attitude and ability to explain all the details concerning the insurance was observed during the time dedicated to comply with the process.Thanks a lot for offering this high standard of attention.

 
Pablo Mejias
5.0
2016-05-17T10:25:26+00:00
Dear Joe,I wanted to express the excellent experience it was to do my Obamacare Health Policy at your office, 1st Choice Health Quote.Your very professional attitude and ability to explain all the details concerning the insurance was observed during the time dedicated to comply with the process.Thanks a lot for offering this high standard of … Continue reading "Pablo Mejias"
5.0
3

How Health Insurance Works

                                     HOW HEALTH INSURANCE WORKS

Health insurance helps you manage the high costs of health care. It helps you pay for doctor visits, hospital stays, prescription drugs and preventive care.

You can choose from a variety of health insurance plans that fit your budget and have different levels of coverage depending on your needs.

A health plan example

Let’s say you’ve had a serious accident. Your medical bills are $50,000. Your health insurance plan makes a huge difference in the amount you’ll pay.

Sample health plan

  • Annual deductible: $5,000
  • Coinsurance: 20%
  • Annual out-of-pocket maximum: $6,000

How it works

  1. In this example, you pay the first $5,000 in medical costs (your deductible) before your plan starts paying.
  2. After that, you’re responsible for 20 percent of costs until you reach the out-of-pocket-maximum. In other words, you only pay $2 of every $10 in covered expenses until you reach the $6,000 out-of-pocket-maximum.
  3. Your health plan then pays the rest of your covered costs for the year, no matter how high they are.

What you’ll pay in this example:

  • Total $50,000
  • You pay: $6,000 maximum
  • Your health plan pays: $44,000

Health insurance definitions

Copay: A set price for some health care (for example, $25 per office visit). Some plans don’t have a copay.

Covered costs: Medical tests, treatments, supplies, medications and other health care paid for by your health plan. Check your health plan materials for details about what’s covered by your plan.

Deductible: The amount you pay for medical costs each year before your health plan begins to pay.

Coinsurance: The costs you and your health plan share. For example, you pay 20 percent of the cost of a doctor’s office visit or hospital stay, and your plan pays the other 80 percent.  Some plans do not have coinsurance.

Health savings account: Pre-tax contributions to your HSA account can help you save when you use it to pay for covered costs.

Out-of-pocket maximum: The most you have to pay for covered medical costs in a year.

Premium: The monthly amount you pay for your health plan. Usually a lower premium comes with a higher deductible.

 Our services are free. Meet with one of our Health Insurance agents today!

Get A Quote

Find An Agent

Our agents put your needs first.
We'll help you choose the right
protection that fits your lifestyle.